Mr. Victor Ama and The Bank of Ghana

Friday, February 4, 2011

Another advance fee scam i ran across.  This one has proved interesting because it involves other people - all of which are probably the same scammer or at least a small group of them.  Let's see what happens . . .


To: undisclosed recipients
Sent: February 3, 2011 12:51 AM
Subject: CONFIRM IF YOU ARE THE OWNER OF THIS EMAIL ID


Attention,


Listen carefully for the information, as courtesy demands; I am Mr. Victor Ama, the Operations Manager in Ecowas head office Ghana . There is information I think might interest you.


First of all, I do not know if I am talking to the right person, but I will like you to confirm if you are the owner of this email ID. Already I have your name and details in our file in the office, but somehow I am not comfortable and too sure. So I just want to make sure am communicating with the real owner of this Email ID whom we also have your other detail in our data...


If you can prove that you are the owner of this email ID, then I will furnish you with the information that I have for you.


So by your response, if you can be able to Identify your name and address as we have it in Data here, I will proceed and let you know what news we have for you.


I am taking this preventive measure because I do not want to talk to the wrong person because of the sensitivity of the information regarding your out standing Payment.


Other details will be forward to you as soon as I am convinced I am communicating with the right person.


Reply now please,


Mr. Victor Ama.


To: Mr. Victor Ama
From: Aldus Huffington
Sent: February 3, 2011 1:24 AM
Subject: Re: CONFIRM IF YOU ARE THE OWNER OF THIS EMAIL ID

Dear Mr. Ama,

To the best of my knowledge, no other person has used or has access to this email ID. Now, what is this about an outstanding payment?


Sincerely,



Dr. Aldus Huffington, IV


Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 8:22 AM
To:Aldus Huffington
Subject: ID(CONFIRMED)GET BACK TO ME IMMEDIATELY

Hello Aldus Huffington


Having confirmed you as the right person; I want to disclose this information to you. Here is my real identity; I am the new Operations Manager at the [ECOWAS head office in Ghana]. I discovered a file and information in the Office Computer Database containing a Transfer sum of US$5 Million in balance attached to this name, with the following details.


Beneficiary: Aldus Huffington
Email: Aldus Huffington
Amount: $ 5M USD


From records, it seems a Contract Payment executed here in Africa, due to you for claims via this office through the BANK OF GHANA, You should know better. From what I can see in our system here, it’s seems this money may have been more than the amount I discovered, but I will find out as things progresses. But everything is OK now. I just wish you can follow my advice, if you follow the normal Banking procedures, the people in charge will do everything to frustrate you by demanding some unofficial payments from you before they could release the fund to you, they will make it very difficult for you. Believe me.


Am going to help you to get this fund Transferred to your account, only follow my instructions, if you can cooperate with me; I have information to give you, which will help you get this transfer done. I know you have felt so bad, because of all the delay and demands for money from the people handling the transfer initially; don’t worry; there is hope if you will listen and follow my directives. Meanwhile any person contacting you from my office or any bank here in West Africa in this regards, should be ignored for now.


You also have to promise to protect my Identity until you get your money? Because if it is open that you are about to receive this fund through my help, We can't imagine what may happen believe me, as a lot of people have there eyes on funds like this and are very ready to divert it as soon as they are sure it has no claim. I don't know why I am doing this for you, but I just feel I should assist you, considering what you may have been through because of this fund.
I WILL NOT EMAIL YOU FURTHER UNTIL YOU CONFIRM THE RECEIPT OF THIS EMAIL, AM SENDING YOU, I WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING ME, AND ALSO TO GET YOUR PERMISSION TO CARRY ON, BEFORE WE PROCEED.
So confirm that you received this mail before tomorrow, so that I can unfold other details.
Regards,
Mr. Victor Ama. NB: Mr. Ban Akwasi (At the BANK OF GHANA) He is the brains behind if or not this transfer will be successful. I shall advise you on how to follow him in my next mail after your confirmation.


From: Aldus Huffington
Sent: February 3, 2011 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: ID(CONFIRMED)GET BACK TO ME IMMEDIATELY

My Dear Ama,

Thank you for your swift response, and I want you to know that I appreciate your continued assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

Dr. Huffington


Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 8:31 AM
To: Aldus Huffington
Subject: CONTACT MR BAN AKWASI IMMEDIATELY

Hello Dear


Listen Carefully on what to do, I have decided to help you because my heart have directed me to, and also because, you have given me the permission to go ahead and do what I can to help you. I am not asking you to pay me for helping you, because I know it could be me and someone else will still do the same for me.


When this is all over and you successfully receive your fund, anything you decide to compensate me with from you heart will be highly appreciated. Now this is the good news, Due to all the complain rendered to the West African ECOWAS Community office (HQ) here in Ghana, by the Embassies of so many Countries whom there Citizens, have there funds due for international transfer from the Country of origin of the funds and had been withheld/delayed by one office or the other for one reason or the other.


The Ecowas office requested from all the African banks involved to present the transfer files and the legal documentations of all the people involved, so that they will all be paid through one bank (BANK OF GHANA) A lot of files where received, the people involved where notified, some sent their legal representatives and the transfer was conducted Via the BANK OF GHANA. This past week we got a telegraphic report that more than 95% of the transfer files received have been transferred. I was very surprised to locate your file in an entire different folder from where others files where kept, and i realized from the list of those contacted in this regards that you were never notified about this at all.




This looked very strange to me, after my verification, I realized that my boss and the overall general accountant were trying to corner the fund, and it has not been easy for them since a lot of other staffs knows about this and could expose them if they do. This is the more reason I never want you to disclose my identity as being the one helping you to achieve this transfer as that will mean big trouble for me. All i know is that i will never let them succeed in this, i will let you have your fund just like every other person we received there file. The only problem here is that two of the Certificates in your file have expired, and they need to be renewed before we can get an Attorney to present the complete and valid file to the appropriate quarters at the BANK OF GHANA.


The two expired Certificates Are. (The Certificate of Origin and the Money Laundry Clearance Certificate) To make things easier and faster for you, I have an Attorney friend who can help in this regards. I will have him come to our office as your legal representative and request for your file, that is a way my boss will not know how you found out about the transfer and will know you have sent your Attorney to represent you, with that he will not hesitate to hand over your file to him and their plans will fail.


After he collects your file, we will renew or replace the expired documents and then he will present the file to the BANK OF GHANA for the transfer, and also take care of everything about the transfer as your representative until completed. I just spoke to him and I have pleaded with him to do all he can to help us without any advance payment till the fund gets to you, that as soon as you receive your fund which we intend to achieve in a few days, you will send us money for him to be paid, it was not so easy for him to accept, but considering our closeness and how I explained things to him, he said OK.


The Certificate of Origin will cost about $2,900 to renew while the Money Laundry Clearance Certificate is $3,100 as confirmed from the Ministry Of Finance Today. Replacing it will be more expensive and we do not have any need for that since we already have it and all we need to do now is just to get it renewed and it will serve the same purpose. Don’t worry about the money to pay for the renewal of this documents, I have some personal savings that can take care of the bills, even doe it will not be very convenient for me, but you have to keep records of any money I will be spending so that as soon as your fund is received, you can also pay me back accordingly. Am doing this just to let you know that am really out to help you in this, please do not disappoint me.


Ok, this is what you should do now, you will give a call to the man in charge at the BANK OF GHANA to conduct the transfer, and simple tell him that you are one of those he has been ordered to complete there fund transfer to them, and that you will be sending your personal representative by Name Barrister Mike Nana to him to present your file and all the legal documents backing up your fund If he requests for your files reference Number, give this number to him (KCBN/110)


His Name is Mr. BAN AKWASI and his phone number is +233302917851 and his E-mail


mrbanakwasi@gmail.com, information-dept@bog-gha.com and I want you to spend just one minute phone time to call him right now and have a discussion with him regarding opening account here in your favor because he will be in good position to open the account for you successfully, and also know how to push in your inheritance fund in that account for your easy access withdrew over there in State.


Let me know as soon as you have spoken to him so that I will invite Mr. Mike to come and pick up the file and send it to him for the transfer.


Make sure you take this very seriously as this is never a joke, in a few day from now. You should have received your fund, I guarantee you as soon as you will follow my advice. Just make the call and leave every other thing to me. Sending him an email may take so much time for him to respond, so calling him on phone is simply the best. And I will like you to send back all my expense through Bank transfer and when time comes I will send you my account details
You can call me on +233543426312 for us to discuss better or you give me your telephone while I call you immediately, you can as well inform the bank to convert the fund into Pound Sterling because it is possible.


Mr. Victor Ama.
[TL;DR]

From: Aldus Huffington
Sent: February 3, 2011 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: CONTACT MR BAN AKWASI IMMEDIATELY

Hello My Love,

You must be the very fastest typist in the world to have responded to me so quickly. Would you like a job? We could use people with your type of skill. At any rate, I will contact Mr. Akawsi immediately.

Dr. Huffington


To: Aldus Huffington
Sent: February 3, 2011 2:08 PM
Subject: We are really progressing

Hello My Dear


I received your message and all the contents are well noted and have you been able to contact the Bank? that is Mr. Ban Akwasi? at the moment we are really progressing, I had Barrister Mike come to my office and your file have been handed over to him, My boss had nothing to do but to co-operate and order the release of the file to Barr. Mike. It was written all over my boss that he was not happy releasing the file. Well all is well as their plans did not work out. [That’s good news number one.] As we discussed, I have been able to secure the Certificate of Origin from the Ministry Of Finance Earlier the day.


After that I immediately went over to the (WAMA) office for the Money Laundry Clearance Certificate, but unfortunately my time was up. I realized that it is not a very simple task because the General Director have to endorse the document with his signature plus an official stamp, besides the money with me wasn't complete, I had to deposit the money I had with the Office Clerk and told her that I will pick the document by evening today.


So far, I have with me the original document of the Certificate of Origin. The documents cost me US$2,900 in equivalent while the Money Laundry Certificate will cost US$3,100. As quoted earlier. (Please Take Note of This)


I have fully paid and collected the Certificate of Origin Document and deposited US$2,500 for the Money Laundry Certificate. I will complete the balance this evening or tomorrow when I will be picking it up. I will not be able to do anything more on your file today until the other document is secured, then I can have Mr. Mike push the file to Mr. BAN AKWASI which I hope to do as soon as possible.


I shall be at the (WAMA) Office as soon as I have time to collect the other certificate. You may be wondering why I am doing this for you. As long as you promise to keep my identity secret, I will deliver your money in your hands without stress; let the stress be on me. I have seen people suffer to receive there had earned money from Africa here and each time I run into such persons, something tells me "It Could Be Me" so I always put myself in their condition.


Again I also want to prove to you that there are still very real and honest people who do not believe in other people’s money for survival. I will be very comfortable with anything you give me at the end of the whole transfer, than to take what does not belong to me.


I have attached a copy of my family picture for you to know who you are dealing with, life is in circle, you may meet me somewhere again in life.


Please confirm that you received the attachment as soon as you do, and reply me with a confirming message and send me your personal telephone number so that I will reach you immediately.


Thanks,
Mr. Victor Ama
[He's a family man, I see]


From: Aldus Huffington
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2011 3:08 AM
Subject: Re: We are really progressing

My Sweetness,

All apologies for the delay in my response, I have been thoroughly busy as of late. Field research is proving to be a rather difficult and lengthy process (we are tracking the elusive Chupacabra in Northern Canada). At any rate, thank you for the reminder to email Mr. Akawsi – I had almost forgotten!

For all of the work you have done thus far, I am very grateful; however, let me ask you one question: in my country money laundering is quite illegal. Are you sure the process described in your email will satisfy the laws of my land?

Thanks,

Dr. Huffington


From: Aldus Huffington
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2011 3:10 AM
Subject: Per Mr. Victor Ama

Hello Good Sir,

It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance. Mr. Victor Ama has suggested I contact you in order to set up a back account. please let me know what I need to do.

Thank you,


Dr. Aldus Huffington


Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 3:46 AM
To: aldus.huffington@gmail.com
Subject: Dear Aldus Haroun Huffington, IV ((BANK OF AMERICA TRANSFER DEPT))







THE DIRECTOR'S,
Foreign Currency Remittance Dept.
Albertsons 4163 S Cooper,5950 S
Cooper St,Arlington TX 76017.


BANK OF AMERICA TRANSFER DEPT

4/02/2011-FEB
Email : bankof.americatransferdeptbranch@usa.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


INHERITANCE LETTER


Attention Mr Aldus Haroun Huffington,

We receive your information from FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATE and the honorably President Barack Obama, president of the United State, We have also confirm your information from the office of the U.S. Presidency, Mr Your $5Million United State Dollar, has sign and approved by your name will want you to know that we are ready to transfer your fund into your account but we will want to see your Scanned copy of your drivers license to enable us proceed with the transfer as soon as possible.

Advice that you bank information needed:

Your Full Name:
Home Address:
Phone Number:
..................................................................................................................................................
Bank Name:
Bank Address:
Account Number:
Rout Number:
Name Of Account:
Bank Phone Number:
Bank Address:

Do send it in your next email so we can proceed.
Thanks,


Mr Kenneth D. Lewis.
BANK OF AMERICA
CHAIRMAN,CEO.AND PRESIDENT.



============================== ==============================
***THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE,URGENT REPLY***


Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 4:36 AM
To: Aldus Huffington
Subject: WE FINALLY MADE IT TO THE END.

Hello My Dear


WE FINALLY MADE IT TO THE END.


I am also glad that God who knows my heart and he has done his best in seeing me through this. One thing that I noted on your message is that you really appreciate all my effort regarding your transfer; I have managed to get the balance of $600 needed to complete the money for the last certificate. I was busy, so I had my friend Barr. Mike go on my behalf and collected it, then he returned it for my boss to sign the approval just now. Believe me, I am very broke at this moment as I have used all my life savings to get this done for you and even gone borrowing.


For now your file is ready, Am just so glad to announce to you that your file was stamped/approved by my boss today for the transfer to be carried out by the BANK OF GHANA today. My boss could not withstand the pressure I arranged from Barrister Mike today. I have been silent because he has been acting very strange and I didn’t want to give you any negative news after my last message.


I wanted to be sure that everything is OK that today before I write you again. $500 was needed from Mr. Mike for the approval fee and I did not have the money. So Mr. Mike tried and was able to get just $400 on his own and it was not still complete, I got the balance of $100 from my wife and we took care of that. Now everything is perfectly ok and in place.


I knelt dawn today in my office and thanked God for the wisdom he gave me in handling this transaction. This should be the happiest incident of the Month for me, I cannot tell what gave me the courage to do this but, maybe your cry has reached heaven and God decided to use a stranger to bring your solution. Am just happy that upon all the troubles, we where able to take care of everything, my friend Mr. Mike has really done very well. I am so proud of him.


Finally he has presented your file to Mr. Ban Akwasi at the Bank of Ghana now and you should just be waiting for the good news on the transfer as soon as it is made today. I will be waiting patiently to hear from you as soon as you hear from Mr. Ban Akwasi on the transfer. I and Barr: Mike has been busy almost all today just to see that we achieve everything that today.


Please My Friend, Again I want you to send me my money as you have promised and that of Mr. Mike’s including the fee for his service immediately your fund clears in your account. So that I will pay back the person I borrowed the last $600 from. Then what ever amount you will like to compensate me with, for the help I have rendered to you, you can give me when it is convenient for you to do so. But for this initial money that is spent, try to return it immediately, also (DON'T FORGET TO RECONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS TO MR. BAN AKWASI WHERE YOU WILL WANT THE MONEY TRANSFERRED TO) Send the account details to him immediately.


Now I can get relax after all. Let me know as soon as they notify you of the transfer, and also confirm that you received this message immediately you receive it.


Am praying for a successful transfer and May God Bless you.


My regards to your family,


Your Brother


Mr Victor Ama

3 comments:

Quest said...

I received the exact same letters from Ghana, with a different name John Mahama.  It is a Scam.

Same sob story about how he paid the fees.  Same Barr. Mike.

Lynden Jensen said...

Who spends the time to make these things? And who would ever fall for that?

Dave said...

It does seem as though typing up all of these emails would take some time (and it probably did at one point), but if you watch spam mail closely, you'll find that it is largely copypasta.  Although it is obvious that you and I wouldn't fall for this stuff, you might be surprised how many people do.  More sophisticated scammers tend to prey upon those with large hearts by appealing to positive halos (e.g. God, Christ, charity . . . ). 

Thanks for the comment!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 Responding to Scammers - Template by BloggerReflex